AB: the weedy one

  • Subject: AB: the weedy one
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:39:37 -0500

Amazing growth and quantity of bloom for a 2nd year plant. At least in my
experience. Considering that the hail took out about 25% of the stalks
(even more are broken and blooming down in the fans unseen) and a stray dog
came visiting and this was the clump where it and my own idiots tangled
(those in front are survivers of that fracas but a bunch of stalks in the
middle got eliminated) and this is probably where the idiots nabbed a
raccoon on the other side of the clump - at least something large got in it
and removed more stalks. So this photo is what's left pending the next
disaster to strike it. The bed is 4' wide and from this side the clump is
nearly 3' across the clump. Good thing I gave it lots of space last fall
when I moved it from the seedling bed. There is some leaf spot, but the
plant is resisting it pretty well compared to some clumps that have had less
damage to their foliage. Wish all my seedlings - or new acquistions, for
that matter - would grow and bloom this willingly.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group