Re: Re: mulch & baby copperheads

  • Subject: Re: Re: mulch & baby copperheads
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:29:56 -0400

We got rain, rain and more rain out of that nor'easter. Sunday and yesterday it looked like my irises were drowning. The sun was out earlier today so I took the opportunity to spray Messenger on my roses, and while I was at it I figured I'd hit the baby irises and daylilies.

I usually see my first iris bloom somewhere around Mother's Day. Nothing looks even remotely close to sending up bloomstalks, but it doesn't look like all that rain did much damage. I guess it might be too soon to tell if I have lost anything to soft rot, though.

I haven't had any snakes in my mulch, but a few years ago I had a load of free mulch from the next township, and I found interesting little plastic things in it which someone told me were crack vials. :(

Cheryl
Zone 6 just northwest of Philly