CULT: signs of life

  • Subject: CULT: signs of life
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:16:36 -0400

Re: what to do - as I was poking around at the rotting seedlings
yesterday, I discovered that some of them are trying to grow again
already. The photos (I'm posting to both groups) show two different
things I'm seeing. In some (the circled green in the middle), the
central leaf blade has made it thru the dead foliage without a problem.
But most of the expanding leaf blades are trapped by the dead foliage.

In the other photo, I've pulled the rotting leaves apart a bit to show
the accordioned leaf blade, which was jammed into a tight wad inside the
dead leaves. Most of my smaller seedlings with the worst damage look
like this

Those of us with bad damage may want to check to see if we can free
those precious bits of green so they can get busy making food!

I. tectorum also looks very bad here. And it is in a sheltered spot
next to the heat pump, with high trees overhead, so wasn't exposed to
the worst of it.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

__._,_.___