Re: PHOTO & INFO REQUEST ... FRUIT SALAD (SDB)

  • Subject: Re: PHOTO & INFO REQUEST ... FRUIT SALAD (SDB)
  • From: brimmsplace <brimmsplace@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

Judging from the description, it is not "Fruit Salad", but I still think it's a beautiful SDB. I can just imagine what a large clump would look like in full bloom.  I hope it can be identified.  I would love to get some.

Billy

Laurie Frazer <lauriefr@localnet.com> wrote:

On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Iris In The Garden wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I was given a rhizome 2 years ago that they said was "FRUIT SALAD".
> Attached is a photo of it blooming last year but I can't find anything
> to compare it to.
>
> Can someone verify that it is ... or not ... FRUIT SALAD?

Nope, it's not either of the two, registered irises by that name:

FRUIT SALAD
(L. Miller, R. 1988), Sdlg. 3884A. SDB, 10" (25 cm), M
"Pale apricot, small medium plum halo on F.; apricot beard tipped
coral. Inscription X Pixie Pink. Miller's Manor 1989 HM 1991"

FRUIT SALAD
(Kallenbach, R. 1964), Sdlg. 25 TB, 38" (97 cm), LM
S pink; F blue-toned purple-pink edging; red-tangerine beard. (Pink
Cameo x Pink Formal sdlg.) X Pink Sensation. HM 1991

---------------
laurie@lfrazer.com
Shadowood - http://lfrazer.com
The Irises of Shadowood - http://lfrazer.com/iris/