HYB: TB Plicata/Luminata seedling

  • Subject: HYB: TB Plicata/Luminata seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:44:14 -0700

This is the seedling that Kathy Chilton liked at our show last Saturday.  It is from Carnival Song X Fancy Woman.  Everyone seems drawn to it.  I would describe it as light tan with a burgundy wash.  The overall impression is a reddish brown, and since I don’t like brown irises, I’m not crazy about it.  It was very shy of buds this year, like most things.  I’m keeping it to see what it do in future years.  I have about 18 healthy little seedlings from it by New Leaf.  That should be interesting next year, though I can’t expect New Leaf to help with the bud count.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist