Re: [SPAM] Re: Re: copperhead

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Re: copperhead
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:14:30 -0700

To all:
 I just watch a show on the discover channel that says the venom is becoming stronger and they don't know why.  Also, they will have a venom on the shelf that will work for all our venomous snakes soon, so we will not have to wait to decide what bit us.  Anyway, AZ is really on the alert right now due to strength of venom the snakes here seemed to have created.
We had one guy, that killed the snake, cut off it's head and still the snake bit him.  He lost a finger.
And took 6 months to get over most of the effects.
I've been around snakes all my life. My dad in AR would catch them in the old days and sell them to the local doctors that used the venom for antibiotics. Probable one of my down falls, I don't have a lot of fear of them and also feel unless I surprise them they go their way and I go mine. But all of our little critters should be respected including my black widow spider that I probable need to get rid of in my front yard.
So needless to say --all this talk has brought my attention to the issues and I'm a little more aware that I need to be cautious.
  • Thank you all!!!!!