Re: TB: my 'Schreiner blues'

  • Subject: Re: TB: my 'Schreiner blues'
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:29:30 -0000

I was asked to post the parentage on the list. These are BREAKERS X
either YAQUINA BLUE or NAVAJO JEWEL. My bet is on YB. They're from
the first year I tried daubing and were purely for practice. They just
keep trucking along for me, in spite of being ignored most of the
time. I thought for sure they'd disappear after the conditions last
summer. A lot of TBs aren't trying to bloom and many iris of all kinds
died last summer. They're still recovering and skipping bloom. Those
planted in the field took a particularly brutal hit and more than half
died. Survivors may be things that can take sun and heat extremes.
Since I've essentially abandoned three beds that get full sun for the
minute, maybe I can rejuvenate and replenish them with plants that have
demonstrated the ability to withstand the burning sun.

Donald

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group