RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings

  • Subject: RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:05:34 -0400

As well as Roundup being in  background of  pod parent, we have Twice Trilling in background of pollen parent Connie Sue, and it is from the pink lines carrying plicata which gave rise to Vanity.

Before being certain that BC seedlings are not of plicata origin it is necessary to do a test cross with a plicata, preferably a clssic plicata.

Every time I have checked out a report of a BC  that is not plicata, I have found plicata genetics.  I think that it is possible for a BC that is not a plicata, but I havn't seen any solid examples yet. A test cross would be needed to be certain.

Chuck Chapman

Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever

Share and vote