SPEC: Varda Gorge

  • Subject: SPEC: Varda Gorge
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'll try to remember to post irises as they bloom
here, so that those of you who've lost so many stalks
to crazy weather, will still have something to look
at. We were very lucky -- although the freezes
happened here too, our irises weren't quite as far
along yet. So most of them escaped major damage.

Here's my first to bloom:

VARDA GORGE purchased from Lowell Baumunk/Iris
If I'm remembering it right, it's a clone of Iris
reichenbachiana collected in Greece. So it should be a
tetraploid with 48 chromosome????
In any case, it's a vigorous and problem-free little
guy. See how much it's increased in just one year!

Do You Yahoo!?

Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever

Share and vote