AB: sdlg - blue/green detail

  • Subject: AB: sdlg - blue/green detail
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:13:38 -0500

I hope this is visible (and that the photo isn't too large). I've noticed
peacock green and peacock blue colors on the styles of a few arilbreds I
grow, notably on a couple from Vossen. The ZERZURA X JEHOSAPHAT'S RELIANCE
has the effect on the styles on quite a few. At least two seedlings have it
showing in the falls. This is a detail of the central fall on one of the
seedlings and I hope the color is visible. One that bloomed freeze damaged
last year had more of it and a more intense shade of the color bleeding into
the falls. Until these seedlings, I hadn't seen the color escape the style
area. Unfortunately, the sibling of this one from last year isn't going to
bloom. It was a rosy lavender bloom, so the green bleed must independent
from the basic color of the color. Where is this color coming from? Anyone
have any ideas? Chuck? I'll be watching for this on the remaining
seedlings from this batch. I may not trash those that have it in the styles
and falls. I tried to cross this one with one of the Vossen plants, but
conditions aren't good for success.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image