Re: AB: shoe brown seedling

  • Subject: Re: AB: shoe brown seedling
  • From: "eroctuse2" <EROCTUSE2@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:59:14 -0000

That's a gorgeous seedling Donald. I'm almost as determined to see a
chocolate brown iris as I am to see an emerald green. Having just
started my attempts at hybridizing it will be a while before I see
anything like that, but I sure like looking at yours.

Thank-you for sharing these. I got your message about the other
seedling and I'm very excited about that. Thank-you for keeping me in

I'm expecting several AB blooms this year and I'll be sure to share
them especially now that I know you'll be holed up from the heat when
they should be in bloom. I only have a few so far, and I've only
seen 'Oyez' in person, but several of my newer plants have the right
fan formations for blooms.

Now that more of my plants are waking up, I think this is going to be
a very good year in my garden. I already thought it would be good,
but the more growth they show the more fans I expect to bloom. Let's
hope we don't get another hard freeze like last year because this
should be my garden's best year yet (just in time to move the whole
thing to
the new property).