HYB: Varda Gorge (Iris reichenbachiana)

  • Subject: HYB: Varda Gorge (Iris reichenbachiana)
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 04:09:48 -0700 (PDT)

Varda Gorge (Iris reichenbachiana)

This little guy must not be very widely known, because
I never hear anything about it. Sure is super vigorous
here in Maryland! I'm gonna have to try more crosses
with it. It's supposed to be tetraploid and crosses
last season with Iris aphylla would seem to confirm
that [although I haven't had germinations yet]. It
should be interfertile with Tall Beardeds, so there's
an incredible potential here. <Hint> <Hint> Maybe
something analogous to the Craigs' great work with
aphylla derivatives.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg