Wabash or Bright Hour

  • Subject: Wabash or Bright Hour
  • From: "Peggy Cox" <Oceanpeg1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:21:50 -0400

Photo E-mail Play slideshow | Download images
    I really don't know all of the parts of the Iris that all of you are talking about. All of this is new to me.  I don't have any of the flowers closeby.  The PPA where they are growing is about a half an hours ride from me. I'll have to wait until them come into bloom this year to get a better look at them.  In the meantime, when looking at the photos in the article Tale of two Iris, I'm lead to believe that the Wabash has narrower lower drooping petals than the Bright Hour has, if that's a clue (or not). All I have to work with are these two photos I took last year.  I noticed that below the flower, there's a purple/brownish color in that area of the stem if that will help in telling which one it might be.  I'm resending one of the photos that shows that, but, in a larger size. These photos are full-framed and uncropped, so I can't see anymore than what is pictured at this time.  Maybe by the time that they come into bloom I'll know a lot more and be better at knowing what to look for on the Iris. In doing this, enlargeing it,  I noticed a hint of the maroonish color close to the center of the flower, with it changing to a deeper purple on the outer part....... Does that mean anything?  The lower petals are two-toned. Here's a link to a larger version of it on my Flickr photostream, Oceanpeg. It's in my PPA folder there. Maybe that will show that feature up a wee bit better..... Peggy in NJ

This is the largest I can make it for going into an e-mail without changing
the dots per inch or the like, as for printing it out on paper might
require. It cam most likely go larger on my flickr photostream.

This MSN Photo E-mail slideshow will be available for 30 days.
To share high quality pictures with your friends and family using MSN Photo E-mail, join MSN.