Re: Re: Spring bloom-Bowl of Cherries

Donald,

Here the medians do much better when the temps drop in to the 20's if it is not for multiple nights in a row.  The TB's however have never been in bud here this early so I suppose I will find out how well they fair.  It has been a different spring bloom so far-many SDB's blooming early and short.  Several that usually have stalks with 2-3 buds blooming very short and 1 bud only.
The MDB's are blooming right on time.

Am really sorry to hear about the bad weather you are having-would be glad to send some of the rain that will fall here in the next 4 weeks if I could.  Mid april to Mid May is the wettest time of the year hear, causes lots of rot in the fast paced spring growth and plays havoc with trying to set pods.  For every pod I get I average at least 4 crosses.

Rose Kinnard
Frederictown, MO
Zone 6
-----

I'm frankly glad so many iris are not blooming due to the drought. It would more than likely be wasted effort.

Maybe medians are more cold resistant?