AB: 1st bloom
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: 1st bloom
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:28:33 -0500

The first bloom of the season always has an advantage. No matter how bad,
good or indifferent it might be it's always welcome. This new seedling
kicks off the season for me. Several weeks late due to consistant cold
temps including sleet, snow flurries and freezing rain just several weeks
ago. So now it's wait and see how it goes. Hopefully it won't get blown
several counties over. The wind has been high and non-stop and the temp
broke 90F yesterday. At this point it appears I can expect a compressed
season with ABs and TBs blooming concurrently. At least that's how it looks
with stalks emerging from the fans on both.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image