PHOTO: new arilmedian AB: 'Feeling Sorta Blue' (Eaves)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: PHOTO: new arilmedian AB: 'Feeling Sorta Blue' (Eaves)
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:19:04 EDT

Hello, all.....

    A few years back, Donald Eaves (who posts arilbred photos at this site) sent me some stock of his seedling from the cross('Childsong X 'Zerzura') because 'Childsong' is a little arilmedian of mine, and Donald thought I might like to see one of its offspring.  The cross was (OGB- X OGB).  I fell in love with the coloring of his seedling, and the fact that it was fertile encouraged me to work with it.  Donald allowed me to name this seedling and to register it for him.  It is now 'Feeling Sorta Blue'.  It is 18" tall and arilmedian.  (The SDB 'Forty Winks' was its maternal grandmother.)  Its coloring is unusual, going to a plumbago blue hue.  I was trying to figure out what to name it, when I glanced up at a woodcut print of a guitar player that I had made back in the 1970s and titled "Feeling Sorta Blue."  The name stuck.  Thanks, Donald, for letting me register this great little iris for you.  And here is its photo.

Elm