Re:Re:PHOTO: pumila seedling TTXpum21
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re:Re:PHOTO: pumila seedling TTXpum21
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:04:30 EDT

Griff,

    You asked if I can see any iris in my garden that I would like to (hopefully) transfer the colors of this pumila seedling to.  I don't plan to make any crosses of this with other pumilas, and the only other iris in bloom is a form of I. attica that has golden yellow standards and red-brown falls.  So I saved the pollen and dried it.  I have a couple of my own arilbred seedlings that I'd like to try it with, one of which has greenish tones in its falls..  Because one of the blue tones in the pumila seedling is to the mid-turquoise side, I'm thinking of trying it with Don Spoon's SDB 'Teagan' or Paul Black's SDB 'Tu Tu Turquoise'.  Or I might try it with I. stolonifera to get some new colors into my "stolpum" lines.  Then again, there are a couple of Bennett Jones' SDBs whose colors intrigue me.

Elm