Re: Bloom just starting.
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Bloom just starting.
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 03:18:40 -0000

Your bloom is beginning and mine is making the transition from ABs to TBs. The OGB- types will be blooming in large numbers in the next day or so and they are the sandwich meat between the ABs and TBs, overlapping both groups. I thought initially there would be more overlap between the ABs and TBs, but ABs develope stalks much faster than TBs, so they'll really be winding down by the time the TBs are going well. The few medians I have here had a decent season this year, probably due to all the consistantly cold temps we had this winter. Hope you have a great year! Those mixed chromosome types are always interesting.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA