Re: Re: TB: I. germanica
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: TB: I. germanica
  • From: Pearl Doyle <doyle.pearl@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:59:38 -0500

<I don't find it fertile tho, how about you?

<i. germanica> About 4 years ago I ended up with 4 bee pods one of them on i. germanica. I don't do any hybridizing but planted them just to see what I might get. The first one to bloom was from i. germanica. It is the blue seedling below. I had no idea what the other parent might be until the second one bloomed. It was an SDB. (see below) The only SDB I had blooming that year was Gentle Grace so I am assuming that must be the pollen parent. The blue seedling, while pretty, only had three blooms. The little SDB had only one.
I have a yellow seedling from a beepod the same year that came from an historical that might be Alta California. I have no idea what the other parent might be on this one but it has 7 blooms on the first stalk. That is unusual for me. Even on the newer better hybrids, I rarely get more than 5 blooms. The other bee pods each have a bud so I'll have to wait to see.

--

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image