Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:53:43 -0500

Here's 2 more, also from last year.

I toss a couple of I versicolor and pseudacorus pots into the pond in spring, then bury the pots elsewhere for winter.

The bog garden basically started as a pond overflow, amended with peat moss.  I have I songarica, a few Japanese iris, plus some siberian iris and a few of my seedling versicolors doing well there.

The shrub border actually has only 1 shrub as it's fully loaded with lots of iris, including I lactea and 3 spuria.

In a good year, I have at least one iris blooming from mid May to October.  Pretty good for the cold cold west.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3

JPEG image

JPEG image