Re: AB: LYME TYME X BABYLONIAN FIRES
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: LYME TYME X BABYLONIAN FIRES
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:21:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2010 8:54:21 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
On a brighter note than dwindling fans was this bloom today. The 2nd from
the cross. Interesting. It's not often the TBxAB gives such strong signal
patterns, but BF is doing quite well at transmitting it. So now I've a
toasty golden brown, an orange, and now this red-brown using pollen from BF.
Someone asked about using BF on TBs some time ago and I wasn't all that
encouraging because the seeds don't germinate all that well. I can't
remember who it was now. Perhaps that should be just be a qualification and
not discouragement. These are much better blooms than I usually see from
the type.
Have you tried LYME TYME with other arilbreds?

Sharon McAllister