Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
  • Subject: Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:28:46 -0500

Thank you, Anita.  I know I'm very lucky, as it's a wonderful spot to garden.
Although I work hard at weeding almost all day from spring through fall, I finally got wiser and put seating all over the place, so I could just sit and do what I call "dream gaze" on my breaks.  When I first moved here in 1999, there were no gardens at all.  I was still working then, and it was my refuge.
The nursery beds were built first, then the rest, slowly but surely.  Here's a shot of the south side of the garden.  Part of the nursery beds is on the left, taken last June 19.
Further to the east are the beds I sent pictures of yesterday.
El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3