Re: CULT: frozen terminals
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT: frozen terminals
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:23:39 -0400

If anybody stalled, it was RENOWN. It was dug and planted the same day,
but it was definitely not a 'well grown' rhizome. So for it, moving to
a pot with rotted manure in the bottom and Miracle Gro potting mix on
top was like a move to heaven. It had no 'reason' to stall, but did for
awhile.

The other two were putting down roots so fast that they were moved from
quart pots to bigger sizes within a few weeks. I tend to notice root
growth a lot more than top, but when I moved them to bigger pots, would
have noticed if the terminal was already shriveling. But might not have
noticed if it had just stalled. In other words, the whole plant
definitely wasn't stalled, but not positive about relative growth (or
lack of it) in the terminal.

<I guess you didn't notice if growth had stalled before the first freeze? >