AB: DESERT JOY X (LIGHTS OF ARABIA x DESERT EMBROIDERY)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: DESERT JOY X (LIGHTS OF ARABIA x DESERT EMBROIDERY)
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:23:42 -0500

Another arilbred form. This type appeals to me aesthetically a lot. It
depends on perfect symmetry. Everything is about color, pattern and pure,
perfect form. The slightest aberration in form will show up. There are no
ruffles, waves, lace or anything to disguise any imperfection. I think that
makes these the hardest to achieve. When tailored form is used in
describing a TB, it doesn't really mean the knife edge sharpness of this
type bloom. Here the falls worked pretty well, but the standards don't
quite manage as well. Even without the wind effect, they don't manage the
sharp edge to the extent the falls do. Not bad, but not perfect. And it's
visible. On this type the falls don't tuck or if they show tendencies to
tuck, then they have to maintain the balance of the tuck among all the falls
or it shows. I had several this year that had modified tucks and unless
they managed it exactly the same, the difference detracted from the
appearance of the bloom. Again, not bad, but instantly visible.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image