Re: AB: 'Gruesome' sdlg
  • Subject: Re: AB: 'Gruesome' sdlg
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:11:21 EDT

Donald -- I know the feeling as I have produced far worse.
Most memorable was a TB x AB cross that opened with soft blue standards, soft green falls, and delicate dotting.  By the second day, it had faded to white and had the substance of a flimsy tissue.  My witty neighbor dubbed it "The Wet Kleenex".
We are not alone.  When I was digging Gene Hunt's seedlings, I found one labeled "Monster".  Of course I felt compelled to rescue it along with his selected seedlings.  When it bloomed, I understood how it got its name.
Sharon McAllister