HYB ?: Titwillow X Makenna
  • Subject: HYB ?: Titwillow X Makenna
  • From: Will Warner <wilwarner@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

Kind of an experimental cross. Was going for a tet SA MTB.  Kinda got it, but it's waaaay too tall to be in the MTB glass. Little horns, and nearly white with just a hint of blue.  So, what do you call an iris that's TB height, but with small MTB looking flowers?  I think it's neat, but I figure the appeal isn't very broad.  I added a comparison shot of it next to Immortality X Apollo one to give you an idea of height and flower size. Stalks have very nice branching and slender, but standing up in our high winds.  I'll have some more tet MTB x TB's blooming soon. I like the idea of smaller flowered tall bearded iris to handle the storms and winds here in  SW MO. Any thoughts on this>??  Also when measuring height on iris, do you measure from rhizome to the top of the first bud? or the base of that top flower?  Thx in advance.
Will Warner
Springfield, Mo

JPEG image

JPEG image