Re: Re: TB: Superstition

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Superstition
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:29:38 -0500

	Here, in Lubbock where we just had the second hottest
July on record with 19 days over 100 and everyday over
90 we grow a lot of black iris.
	Now I don't know if it is due to our "dry" heat or
something else but the dark iris do well here.  At
least as far as tolerating the heat.  We do have a
problem with the pinks and whites.  Superstition has
been in my garden for many years and is a favorite!!!
It does wonderfully here and is always on the top of
the list of things I recommend to friends and family.
Dana Brown
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Lubbock, TX  USA  79401
Zone 7 USDA, Zone 10 Sunset