Re: MTB: Black Lady....photo anyone?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] MTB: Black Lady....photo anyone?
  • From: dwiris@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 01:44:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/01 10:34:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jem300@aol.com

<< I picked up a MTB at the sale called BLACK LADY.  Supposedly, it is a
 space age.  I had not previously heard of it.  Anyone know anything about it
 or have a photo for me to ogle?  :-) >>

Hi Linda,

I have a slide of BLACK LADY, but I don't have a slide scanner.  I never
considered it to be a space ager, but from the description you could infer
that.  Here is the registration info:  BLACK LADY (D. Olen Rawdon MTB R.
1979)  14 in., Midseason. Standards greyed orange (RHS 165B), green horn up
center, blending to black (202A), edged dark black; falls black (202A),
olive-yellow (153A) underside; bright yellow beards.  Playboy X unknown.
Riverdale Iris 1979.  The hybridizer was a close friend of ours, but is now
deceased.  And, unfortunately we have lost BLACK LADY.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, Zones 5/6

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!