Iris unguicularis 'Walter Butt'

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Iris unguicularis 'Walter Butt'
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:59:22 +1000

Howdy All,

I could nearly swear that someone sent an email either to myself or to the
List about the fact that the UK version of 'Walter Butt' is really a
different colour to the picture I sent the other day.

I've looked but I cannot find this email anywhere.  I'd really like to
follow this up.  Could that person either respond to myself or the list and
could anyone else who feels that there may be a colour difference please
let me know.

The 'Walter Butt' is really an icy sky blue, with no mauve in it at all
really. I'm sure the email I saw said that theirs was grey-mauve and grey
in certain lights.  I'd actually say that mine was a little more blue than
the colour of the picture I sent.

I'd just like to track down whether A) I have the wrong thing or B) that
stock we have in Australia is actually not the same as the UK.  That's
really the benefits of a photos list like this.  Discrepancies can be found
that wouldn't be picked up in descriptions.

Thanks in anticipation peoples.

Paul Tyerman

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!