Re: Re: Photos Needed: Portrait of Larrie

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Photos Needed: Portrait of Larrie
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:41:07 -0700

As some are aware, wholesalers buy a truckload of "light blue" irises and
then sell them under a name of a light blue iris like "Portrait of Larrie".
My middle daughter has been a challenging child. Once when she was at a
pretty low point in her life, she wanted to mend some fences. She bought me
a couple of the "Home Depot" type irises knowing I would appreciate the
irises. I understood what she was saying with her precious $5 and
appreciated the effort. One was supposed to be "Portrait of Larrie". As I
became more knowledgable I   started to suspect that my POL was an imposter.

The point of this you ask? Unless you can trace the identify of the plant to
a reputable source and have a good match with all the details of the
description, be a little suspicious of the identity of POL.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762