Re: Sarah Lauren

In a message dated 8/30/2002 5:53:07 AM Central Daylight Time, irises@senet.com.au writes:

I couldn't resist, had to check the breeding, had that Vic Falls look about
it. And yes, Vic Falls was the pod parent. Thart white spot is a give away.

Sara Lauren actually has deeper color saturation than my photo indicates. Too, the rhizomes take some time to settle in and begin producing blooms. After that it does well unless hampered by late cold. Bud count is 8 to 10 and are properly spaced. Flowers are large relative to VF and the substance is equal to or superior. The stalks, though taller than VF, have never fallen over here.

The "thumb print" is attractive to me particularly on darker colors. In my convoluted mind given to fantasy it becomes a playground for kids runnin' up and down the hill playin' king on the mountain.

It's gittin' some harder to find kids that play real games.

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor