Re: another sdlg sibling WIDDERSHINS

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: another sdlg sibling WIDDERSHINS
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:36:15 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, oneofcultivars@a... wrote:
"...WIDDERSHINS has shrugged, laughed at the [Southern] heat and
continues to grow with no evidence of rot. It exhibits lush,
growing foliage on mature fans and is putting on new growth even now.

"Too, I read in a recent Tall Talk, Walter Moores had...pretty high
praise for WIDDERSHINS." --Bill Burleson

Bill and all,

Both WIDDERSHINS and SHOP TALK from the same breeder (Merle Roberts
in east of the Cascades irrigated desert WA state)are growing here in
the same bed.  SHOP TALK even outperforms WIDDERSHINS.  That's saying
something, considering Walter Moores' and Bill Burleson's remarks.

I am especially fond of Shop Talk--it is the premium cerise-violet on
the place and is a fertile breeder.  I have seedlings coming along
both from its pod and pollen.  Roberts has indicated he has scheduled
an introduction next year of a grandchild of Shop Talk named
ROXANNE.  I am really looking forward to seeing it.  A photo posted
to Iris-photos last year under seedling number 00-131A really caught
my eye.

Neil Mogensen