Re: photo request DOTTED SWISS

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: photo request DOTTED SWISS
  • From: "Neil Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:12:25 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, laurief <laurief@p...> wrote:
"Does anyone have a pic of DOTTED SWISS...."

I don't know of a photo extant, Laurie, but I can describe it for
you.  DOTTED SWISS was a vivid plicata of violet-blue on white (the
registration data says blue on white) with a certain amount of
brownish tone especially in the haft area.  I recall the beard being
dark, perhaps brownish infused violet.  For its 1956 date it was a
pretty darned good flower.  The pedigree included Wambaliska, Jake
and Flora Zenor, a tangerine-bearded bicolor of pink and violet,
making it particularly interesting genetically.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/2gGylB/TM