SBBG needs PCH iris photos

  • Subject: [iris-photos] SBBG needs PCH iris photos
  • From: "Tricia Wardlaw" twardlaw@sbbg.org
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:12:06 -0700

Title: SBBG needs PCH iris photos

      The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is currently conducting an iventory of our PCH iris collection.  Over the years, we have planted out many cultivars, and over the years, many of these cultivars have vastly multiplied, crept and intermingled, naturally hybridized, and our chore now is to identify what named cultivars we still have growing in the Garden.  We have compiled many descriptions and several photos of PCH irises in our collection, but we still have a few puzzlers:

      In this endeavor, we are seeking photographs of the following Pacific Coast Hybrid irises:

              Aptos(Ghio 1970), Arioso (1949), Big Money (Ghio 1984), Cabrillo (Ghio 1970), California Mystique (Ghio 1981), Candy Banner (Lawyer 1986), Canyon Mist, Empire Grade (Ghio 1971), Half Time (Ghio 1978), La Selva (Ghio 1977), Little Warrior, Long Shot (Ghio 1984), Mayor (Ghio 1976), Moonlight, Native Princess (Stambach 1964), Native Warrior (Phillips 1970), Ojai (1959), Paper Boy (Stambach 1978), Peanut Gallery (Ghio 1985), Roving Eye (Stambach 1978), San Gregorio (Ghio 1984), and Zayante Creek (Ghio 1983).

      We need descriptions for:
              Arioso (1949), Blue Sage, Canyon Mist, Little Warrior, Moonlight, Ojai (1959)

      Any photos/descriptions that you can provide will be much appreciated.  Photos will not be published and will be for our reference use only.

      Please feel free to contact me directly or through the group.

Tricia Wardlaw
Research Assistant
Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
1212 Mission Canyon Road