Re: Re: Belamcanda/xNorrissii photos?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Belamcanda/xNorrissii photos?
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

The name blackberry lily was the common name for
Belamcanda sp. The candy lilies was a common name
given by park Seed to the Sam Norris hybrids. Even
though they also produce the cluster of black seeds
that gave Belamcanda teh name blackberry lily, it
seems appropriate to reserve thsi for the original
species and use the name candy lily for the hybrids.
unfortunately common nmaes have no standards of use.