Re: Pests in the irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Pests in the irises
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:55:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/03 5:01:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, claire235@aol.com writes:

For what it's worth we have a similar mole condition under control.  We went to
the drugstore and bought some castor oil.  Then found it was cheaper at WalMart.

This has worked for us and have not seen any damage for a couple months now.

Simple to use.

Our "Terminator" home brew is to mix dry mustard (difficult) and sudsy dishwashing soap in a cup of water. We pour this in the hole then use a pressure nozzel on the hose to file the tunnels with "mustard gas" suds. Cover the hole over and wait. It works with moles, gophers and squirrels. Substitute castor oil for mustard if you wish. The commercial rig for farms uses a high pressure spray rig with special bubbl making probe.

Not all cats work as our lazy tomcats just stand around the hole asking me to bring the shovel and dig it up for them...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here