{Disarmed} Re: RE:Why hybridizers DO send Guest

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] RE:Why hybridizers DO send Guest
  • From: "alexisn pardo" orquiven@cantv.net
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:29:36 -0400

Alexis J. Pardo Isla
Hi ,I am not an expert on Iris , ( I know nothing about them , but I love them and I am planning to star growing them in Venezuela ) If they were wrapped in plastic bags I would say it is a sin, but if it was paper bag or news paper is excellent , it will absorb the extra humidity and will protect from extreme temperatures for some time and will aloud air circulation  which is important for respiration , air can pass through paper . I agree that some extra paper or styro-foam to avoid movement in the box would have been important also for isolation purpose .
The fact that they were not washed makes me think that who packed them knew nothing about plants. You never know exactly  who did it , just tell them so that they will learn how to do it better next time.  The rhizomes looked good to me . I hope the ones I am ordering from ZYDECO will arrive that strong. Do you know any thing about this commercial house . They sounded very nice by phone .This will be my first time with Iris  ,We have no winter in Venezuela -.. Our temperature is 70 to 90 all year round and will try only the Louisiana Iris .I will use them in my water gardens with water lilies . What do you think?
regards , Alexis
Tlf. 58 243 2618009