{Disarmed} temperature or day lenght

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] temperature or day lenght
  • From: "alexisn pardo" orquiven@cantv.net
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 01:13:16 -0400

Hello iris -group
Are Louisiana  Iris estimulated to bloom by warm temperature or a previous winter or by day lengh or both? and is this or these factors a most to make them bloom ? Are there varieties that will not depend very strictly to these factors to bloom ? Are there varieties that have a long period for blooming or are they all very seasonal ? Can they be hybridiced with Neomaricas that grow and bloom with no problem in my very tropical conditions in Venezuela?
Sorry for so many questions. The Louisiana Iris book I ordered have not arrive jet , maybe it will answer all my questions .
Regards, Alexis

Alexis J. Pardo Isla
ORQUIVEN
Tlf. 58 243 2618009