TB: QUITE QUAINT - for Pearl

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: QUITE QUAINT - for Pearl
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:27:09 -0500

Hello Pearl,

Here's one taken in 2004 here.  One thing the photos show is a brighter
orange in the beard than is true.  It really is a dullish mustard color.  As
for being gray, I'd have said it was was really a blue-white with somewhat
more blue in the standards than the falls.  Those don't usually have the
orangish beard so QQ looks different from the others I've grown.  It's not
very 'quaint'.  It's a large, blocky bloom with more attractive shape than
my photo indicates.  It has also been a reasonably good grower and performer
here.  I don't know what its fate is this year, though.  Yet another day
well over the century mark here and another one predicted tomorrow.  I'm
basically just watching things die here and after a while I just sort of
quit looking.  I guess it'll weed out those that can't take drought and high
temps.  Nothing says I have to like it.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links