RE: HYB: Space age seedlings

  • Subject: RE: HYB: Space age seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:59:32 -0700

Hello, Loic,

I had about thirty seedlings bloom from that cross.  They were a very varied bunch, mostly pinks and lavenders with poor form; about a fourth were SA.  I only selected two, the blue amoena and another that looked just like Celebration Song with orange horns.  Unfortunately, this year the CS look alike  faded so badly that it looked terrible, and I pitched it.  Be Mine is a very nice, vigorous pink here.  I think the form of the amoena comes from its grandparent, Celebration Song.  I don’t know where the blue comes from, but it doesn’t fade.  I like it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9