Re: I hope this makes a pretty butterfly

  • Subject: Re: I hope this makes a pretty butterfly
  • From: "Ann Conway" <amconway@telusplanet.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 20:16:25 -0600

The parasite is a very nasty wasp that lays it's eggs on the caterpiller, which eventually kill it in a particularly nasty way. Hopefully they are not common! ( they are very visible large white eggs attached to the poor caterpiller-very obvious....) Heh - I would probably do the opposite and kill the caterpiller if I saw the eggs, otherwise leave it...