Re: Cult: 2 pixs I took at Sutton's garden

  • Subject: Re: Cult: 2 pixs I took at Sutton's garden
  • From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:35:16 -0700

Hi Linda,
Those are the display bed, not the row plantings.  Don't know how many iris would fit in a display setting.  all our equipment has been modified for iris.  We have a four row strawberry planter that has been adjusted for iris.  Our digger is a sugarbeet blade, also adjusted for iris.  We used to have a modified lawn mower attached to the body of our digging tractor to cut the fans but that didn't work too well.  Now we just mow the iris with a heavy duty tractor mower before we dig for replant.  there aren't too many acres of iris planted in the US so the return on equipment development would be a losing proposition for manufacturing companies.  It is fun (and sometimes amusing) designing and modifying equipment and parts to fit our iris needs.