Re:PCI in winter in New Zealand - 04-024

  • Subject: Re:PCI in winter in New Zealand - 04-024
  • From: Gareth Winter <wintergareth@yahoo.co.nz>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

We are having a very mild winter here in New Zealand.  Snowfield owners complaining there is not enough snow, and generallyWeb Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=38859/stime=1180645817/nc1=3848608/nc2=3848443/nc3=3848542 mild temperatures.  I thought I'd have a look through the PCI seedlings beds at the weekend to see whether there was any sign of buds yet - I normally expect first flowers in mid-September - and found this little plant in flower.  It was supposedly from "Stroke of Midnight" seed, but it doesn't seem very likely to have been from that luscious dark variety.  I don't think it will survive this season's cull, but if I thought it was going to flower early every year....
Any way, I guess we are under way with the season here, but I don't know whether this should be counted as a very, very, very late rebloomer!  Look at the foliage - no sign of much new foliage yet.

Gareth

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group