CAT: August Christmas

  • Subject: CAT: August Christmas
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:10:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hey gang,

I have officially recieved "all" of my orders for this year.  This year I went for broke and ordered 5 new intros from two sellers.

Today I got my order from Suttons, from whom I had ordered three new intros just because they were pretty.  This is unusual because I usually purchase [older] irises with specific pedigrees in mind.  I thought the box was a bit large for three rhizomes... even with a bonus.

I was shocked, flabbergasted, and amazed at the rhizomes I received.  I've heard y'all talk about "monster" rhizomes from "iris country" before... but I just thought...  Well, I thought some of you had a tendency toward dramatics.  I was wrong.  I would genuflect but I think there's some dogma against that.

For those of you who still don't believe, here's a picture.  The cabinet that the rhizomes are sitting on is 30 inches long- you can just see the back corners at the edges of the picture.  I hope that it really gives perspective.

Not only are these rhizomes... uh, more than satisfactory in appearance, I was amazed at the bonuses.  Three bonuses and they are also new introductions; the biggest rhizome in the box was one of the bonuses.  Two of them were in my online shopping cart, but I had decided I couldn't afford that many.  Well, that was the best money I've spent in a long, long time.

Just wanted to share with someone who would appreciate it.

christian

image/pjpeg