Re: TB- Seedling

  • Subject: Re: TB- Seedling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:01:01 -0400

Gary  --  If these were my seedlings, I'd work with all three of them.  Given their rich genetic heritage, I'd think you are only one more cross away from some irises that you'll be thoroughly pleased with.  The colors are already there.  Picking cultivars to cross with them that have the flower form and branching that you want  --  and that have (and, therefore, will probably transmit) the velvet effect in the falls  --  should get you there.  Don't overlook the possibly of some back-crosses, as well.  --  Griff