Re: HYB: branching/bud count

  • Subject: Re: HYB: branching/bud count
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 18:17:37 -0400

Patti sent me this question offlist - Patti, I hope you don't mind my
answering here.

The cross IS IMMORTALITY X CELEBRATION SONG, reblooming amoena. It's
only had that high bud count once, usually much less. Some triple
socketing, but mostly due to lots of branching. There are others with
that kind of count sometimes - SUMMER WHITEWINGS, AUTUMN ORANGELITE are
two that occasionally have very high bud count with lots of branching here.

<What crosses did you do that yielded seedlings with bud counts up to
30? Per stem????? I thought 10 was a great number! Do you have any
photos? How many buds per socket? How many branches?

Just trying to learn! Thanks!

Patti>