Re: re: Seedlings & "hot" breeders
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: re: Seedlings & "hot" breeders
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 07:42:34 -0400 (EDT)

Most of the cross had good height and good form.  The branching is bad on all.  One could be considered blue, very pale with a red beard.  Didn't get picture of it but did get a take with my good bi-tone blue from Decadence.

In 2006 I made several pink crosses with hope of improving the pink rebloom lines.  Both Treasured and Lotus Land were crossed by Pink Attraction.  All of these seedlings were very slow to grow and slow to bloom.  Seedlings all around them did well so I can't bloom the garden.   One cross from a Memphis Miss seedling did a little better but not much.  (this one is inbreeding since MM is also from Pink Attraction.)  Most of the pink crosses were weak.

<<did you get any height from the cross? >>

Not sure what you're seeing as squished.  They aren't fully domed, but they aren't open either and they're held well.  Didn't relax beyond this point.

Betty W. . . . waiting for the heat to leave.
KY Zone 6