Re: Belamcanda chinensis

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Belamcanda chinensis
  • From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:49:37 -0400

From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> Mine are just barely over 2 ft. tall.  But I have them in pots, so maybe
> that has stunted their growth.

     When I lived in Lexington, KY, Blackberry Lilies usually reached about
30" tall.  It is interesting to see them get so tall here.  Both winters I
have been here, they did not go totally dormant.  I wonder if that has
something to do with it?

> They are getting plenty of water.  I have never seen a single insect on
> flowers.  I really think that's why they're not setting seed!

     I find it odd that the pollinating insects have not shown interest in
them.  Even butterflies get on them here.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through September 17.  For details go to: