--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, PAUL BLACK <midamerg@e...> wrote:
> This is a good example of a white ground luminata.  The luminta is
> white area surrounding the beard which can't have any type of
> anthocyanin markings.  Anthocyanin is the blue to violet range of
> color.  Please check out iris talk for futher discussion of this
> pattern.

This is a great plant. It is also a very closely related to Greased
Lightning genetically. Note the dark violet/yellow colour around the
edge. This is what I refer to as the ring pattern. In this case it is
not in four dosages so hasn't completely shown its pattern. Extend
this yellow ring more and you end up with GL. The more dosages of the
"ring" factor, the more the anthocyanidins are forced into the center.
The yellow pigment seems to be different then what I normally see and
I'm still puzzling over it. Move the yellow in this plant more around
the edges and into the area around the beard and voila, Greased
Lightning. Troubadours Song is in the background of GL.