[PHOTO] RE:Reblooming iris species | Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:40:30" />

[PHOTO] RE:Reblooming iris species

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE:Reblooming iris species
  • From: "Jan Jacobsen" <bulbs@worldonline.dk>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:40:54 +0100

Hi Jim and all
I enclose a picture of Iris chamaeiris , it is actually blooming outside now, for the second time, the reason is the very warm weather we have had during the autumn and early winter , until now there have been no frost at all, the temp has for a long time steady around 8-10C/46-50F, not only the iris are growing to fast but also other bulbous plants as well.
I have some junoiris way above ground now, the first species I.rosenbachiana will most likely bloom in January, which is 1-2 months earlier than normal.
The wet and warm weather is however useful for the boxes of seed from TB crosses, I  got 200+ seedpods this year and now there are reasonably good germination, with aprx 100 seedlings by now, also the seeds from arilcrosses is germinating  even better than those from TB.
Jan Jacobsen -Denmark zone 4-6
bulbs@worldonline.dk

eGroups Sponsor
Click Here!